CORONAVIRUS DISEASE (COVID-19)
COVID – 19 is an infectious disease not been previously identified in humans.
The disease causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever, and in more severe cases, difficulty breathing.
Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include:
- Social distancing, at least 1.5 metres between you and the next person
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, including desks, electronic equipment, glasses, cups, plates and cutlery
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean